This summer, I plan to write about a variety of destinations that are mere road trips away from Boston. First up? Mystic, Connecticut.
Located right off of Route 95 just past the Rhode Island border is Mystic, CT, home of Mystic Pizza. There you’ll find loads of quaint shops in Old Mistick Village, and kid-friendly activities in Mystic Seaport and the Mystic Aquarium.
Want to save money? Consider the Mystic Pass! Here are the details!
- adult $59, senior $55, child $45 (age 6-17), child 3-5 $23
- With each ticket you get:
1 admission to Mystic Seaport
1 Planetarium Show
1 admission to Mystic Aquarium
1 Free Soda at Mystic Aquarium’s Penguins Cafe
1 Aluminum reusable water bottle
- Value is Over $250, Pass can also be applied to a membership if you want to keep coming back
- Up to 15% off your stays (promos vary by hotel) at national chains, local inns and campsites with pass
- Discounts and freebies at 25 local shops
- Discounts at 5 additional area attractions: Florence Griswold Museum, The Dinosaur Place, Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, Essex Steam Train & Riverboat, Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center
- Discounts at 10 local restaurants.
To learn more about Mystic, CT, visit the Mystic County Web site.